1. The Chalet know as “Chalet Soleil” (the property) is offered for holiday subject to confirmation by Maria or Charles Tydeman (the owners).
2. To reserve “the property”, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of rent unless the Owners are able to re-let the Property. In this event, Clause 4 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to Clauses 2 & 3 above, in the event of cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid, excluding the non-refundable deposit, will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property, and any expenses of losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s belongings, public liability etc., as these are not covered by the Owners’ insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
6. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed six, unless written permission is obtained.
7. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. A SECURITY DEPOSIT of £200 (two hundred pounds) is payable eight weeks prior to the rental period to cover breakages and cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. Subject to there being no breakages and the property is left in a clean and acceptable condition, the Security Deposit will be refunded to the client within 2/3 weeks of departure. The owners reserve the right to impose a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
8. The Client shall report to the Owners without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
9. The Owners shall not be liable to the Clients:
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property.
For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of the adverse weather conditions, riot, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
For any loss damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English Law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.